In my family we cherish traditions, especially at the holidays. A few years ago I started to treat guests at our traditional holiday meals to Fairytale Brownies for dessert. We have various pies with all the fixings, but I wanted to do a spin on a fudgy chocolate pecan pie - which our family loves. I also wanted to keep it simple since there are so many other treats to enjoy for the holidays, not to mention the prep-work and cleanup that goes along with them. So, I took some pecan Fairytale Brownies (my favorite flavor) and made a dessert with the fudgy brownies, my own take on a chocolate pecan pie.
Here's how I do it, but feel free to be as creative as you want. . .Fairytale Brownies are delicious plain, or even more decadent when dressed up as the component of a dessert:
- Use between 8-12 pecan Fairytale Brownies as the base of the dessert, depending on your pan size. Layer them in the pie pan, cutting around the edges so they fit nice and snug.
- Top them with a thick layer of caramel sauce.
- Add mounds of whipped cream to cover the caramel layer.
- Chill in the refrigerator until serving time - at least 2 hours, or enough time for the sauce and whipped cream to set for easier slicing.
- Garnish with chopped pecans and an extra drizzle of fudge sauce when served.
It is very simple, and so very delicious. You can't really go wrong when using the best Belgian Chocolate Brownies around! It's a new tradition in our household, and a great way to share the holidays with our family and friends . . . Fairytale Brownies Pecan Brownie Pie, absolutely scrumptious!