Chilled Peach Soup
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup peach schnapps
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 10 fresh peaches, sliced
So good, and it can be served at an elegant dinner party or with burgers from the grill; it's very versatile. Or serve as a dessert with Belgian chocolate Raspberry Fairytale Brownies.
- Place white wine, peach schnapps, sugar, mint leaves, cinnamon, nutmeg, and half-and-half together in a bowl, and stir until well blended and sugar is dissolved. Add sliced peaches, and transfer to a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring frequently and reducing heat if necessary to prevent scorching cream. Remove from heat when peaches are tender. Cool to a safe temperature for blending. Process in a blender or food processor until completely smooth. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve chilled.