Serves 4 | Hands-On Time: 15m | Total Time: 30min
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 2 large navel oranges
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 (5-ounce) packages mixed salad greens, such as Bibb and radicchio, or romaine blend
- 1 firm, ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, orange juice, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper until well blended.
- Cook the chicken breasts in boiling, salted water for 10 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Remove the chicken and cool 5 minutes on a cutting board before slicing into long strips.
- Transfer the warm sliced chicken to a bowl and toss with a few tablespoons of vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- With a sharp knife, remove the orange peel and white pith from the oranges. Slice crosswise into thin rounds.
- In a large bowl, toss the onion and lettuce with the remaining vinaigrette. Divide between bowls and top the salads with the chicken, oranges, and avocado slices.
It's a simple recipe, as simple as it is to order brownies online at brownies.com. Fairytale Brownies stay fresh in the freezer for up to 6 months, so you can order extra to have on hand for those times when you have friends drop in unexpectedly or you're put in charge of bringing dessert to an event. Just thaw at room temperature for about an hour. Fairytale Brownies also make great Thank You gifts and perfect hostess gifts too!