It came to us in a vision.
What if you took waffles to the next level with chunks of rich, fudgy brownies? Well, it’s time to stop dreaming about the perfect combo and make it happen. Without further ado, your new favorite treat.
And before you ask, yes, it’s totally ok to eat brownies for breakfast! We do it all the time.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon fine salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups milk, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 full-size chocolate chip Fairytale Brownies
- All the extra treats for serving: syrup, jam, fresh fruit, ice cream, whatever your heart desires
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl
- Separate 2 large eggs and put all the whites in a large bowl
- Whisk the egg yolks, milk, vanilla and ¼ melted butter in a medium bowl until a batter is formed.
- Whip the egg whites until they begin to hold a loose peak. Sprinkle the sugar over the whites and continue beating until they hold a soft peak. Fold ⅓ of the egg whites into the batter to lighten the base, then add the remaining whites.
- Gently fold in crumbled brownie chunks.
- Brush the inside surface of the waffle iron with melted butter. Pour enough batter to fill each hole of the iron. Close and cook until crisp and waffle iron stops steaming (about 5 minutes)
- Repeat until you have all the Brownie Bite Waffles you could want
- Scarf them down