It's a big weekend for both college football fans and art festival fans in Arizona. Arizona State University will play Stanford on Saturday to see which team will go to the 100th Rose Bowl, and thousands will attend the 45th Annual Tempe Festival of the Arts along Mill Avenue.
Fairytale Brownies is partial to both events for several reasons.
1. Co-founders Eileen Spitalny and David Kravetz used to sell gourmet brownies at street fairs and festivals - specifically at the Tempe Festival of the Arts - when they first began the Fairytale Brownies business 21 years ago.
2. David Kravetz graduated from Stanford University.
3. Many Fairytale Brownies team members (several of us in the Marketing Department and our Operations Team Leader) graduated from Arizona State University.
4. Eileen Spitalny is a member of the Creative Impact Board for the ASU Art Museum.
5. Fairytale Brownies was a finalist for the ASU Spirit of Enterprise Award.
6. Our Senior Web Designer Hilary Lee teaches at ASU.
We couldn't let this weekend's big game go by without offering a discount as a bit of playful school rivaly.
We invite you to show us your school spirit and save 20% on gourmet brownies, cookies and bar gifts this weekend at the Fairytale Brownies bakery.
From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday - Saturday, come into our retail store at the bakery at 4610 E. Cotton Center Blvd. (south of Broadway and west of 48th Street) wearing your ASU or Stanford team gear, or show us your game tickets, and you will receive 20% off your in-store purchases.
Fear the fork! Or fear the tree!
Either way, you'll be working up an appetite with all of that fearing. You might as well do some tailgating with Fairytale Brownies.