Every year, my husband and I host a party on the night of the Academy Awards. It's a big to-do, complete with a red carpet, Oscar bingo, guessing the winners, our friends all decked out in evening wear and lots and lots of food. I always try to find a way to use Fairytale Brownies in at least one dessert that fits the movie night theme.
We always serve popcorn, so this year, I think I'm going to make these gourmet brownie popcorn bags. I found the idea at bakerella.com, which is a wealth of ideas for adorable and delicious baked goods. She baked her own fudgy brownies, but I will use our Original flavor Belgian chocolate brownies to make mine.
It's pretty simple:
- Cut the brownies into the shape of a bag of popcorn, either with a cookie cutter or a knife if you're so inclined. I think I'll make a paper pattern to cut around so they're all the same, and that way I can control the size.
- Top the brownies with homemade buttercream frosting (or use a can of store-bought frosting to save time)
- Use two popsicle/craft sticks to cover the areas of the bag you want to be white, and sprinkle red sugar over the bag part of the brownies.
- Place mini marshmallows to create the popcorn. Use the popsicle sticks to dent the marshmallows to make them more realistic-looking if you like.
- Serve and enjoy the best brownie popcorn bags you've ever made! :)