Back-to-school season is an exciting time around Fairytale Brownies. That’s partially because we’re only a few miles down the road from Arizona State University. It’s so fun to see the students return to town!
It’s also exciting because we’re so busy. It seems families have caught onto the tip that brownies make a great student care package. I mean, no one wants to move back into the dorms on an empty stomach. Right?
1. Get to know your campus. Most colleges offer study areas, computer labs, tutoring services, and more. It’s up to you to find these resources and take advantage of them. After all, that’s what they’re there for!
2. Don’t schedule back-to-back classes. There are few things more exhausting than sitting through back-to-back lectures.
3. Take a break … but keep it short. After every hour or so of studying, take a short break. A 10-minute walk can do wonders for your ability to retain all that you’re learning. Just make sure you don’t keep staring at your computer.
4. Find a time and place for studying. We all have windows during our day when we’re most productive. Those windows are usually not right before bed!
5. Treat yourself! If college was easy, everyone would do it. Be gentle with yourself. Eat real meals. Get enough sleep. Go outside for some exercise.